The Cowboy Channel, previously known as FamilyNet, is an American cable TV network available in more than 42 million cable and satellite households. This network specializes in broadcasting Western and rodeo sports content. Its origins trace back to 1979 when it was established as the National Christian Network. In 1988, under the ownership of Jerry Falwell, it underwent a name change to FamilyNet. The channel is presently owned by Patrick Gottsch, who also holds ownership of RFD-TV. Both channels are operated under the umbrella of the Rural Media Group brand.
The Cowboy Channel’s lineup of non-sports content takes inspiration from the rich offerings found in RFD-TV’s extensive program library. This curated selection places a particular focus on engaging ranching and rodeo-themed programming, setting it apart from RFD-TV’s music, agribusiness, and news content. In a manner reminiscent of RFD-TV, the Cowboy Channel also features brokered televangelism programming during Sunday mornings, providing viewers with a diverse range of content to enjoy throughout the week. Here is a list of Cowboy Channel current programming:
- PRCA Rodeo
- Road to NFR
- Debbe Dunning’s Dude Ranch Roundup
- Western Sports Roundup
- Best of America By Horseback
- Chris Cox Horsemanship
- Gentle Giants
- Honky Tonk Ranch
- Ride Smart
- The American Rancher
- The Cowboys’ Kitchen
- Cinch High School Rodeo Tour
- Cowboy Country TV
- Western Trading Post
- Wild Spayed Filly Futurity
- Your Life Redefined
- Little Britches Rodeo
- Out There with Baxter Black
- Red Steagall is Somewhere West of Wall Street
How to Watch Cowboy Channel
Experience the Cowboy Channel through hassle-free live TV streaming services, completely liberated from the constraints of traditional cable or satellite subscriptions.
One of the standout features of Cowboy Channel Plus is the ability to stream the Cowboy Channel’s live broadcast, ensuring that you never miss a moment of your favorite shows. Additionally, the Video on Demand option allows you to watch your preferred programs at your convenience, giving you the flexibility to enjoy Western content on your own schedule.
If you’re a rodeo enthusiast, Cowboy Channel Plus offers even more excitement. You can stream live rodeo feeds from select PRCA ProRodeo events, bringing the adrenaline-pumping action right to your screen.
Exciting news for Cowboy Channel Plus subscribers: Rural Media Group Founder and President, Patrick Gottsch, recently hinted at an upcoming package that promises to deliver ‘everything we got.’ Stay tuned for purchase details as this platform continues to evolve and offer even more content to its dedicated audience.
For those who prefer a monthly commitment, Cowboy Channel Plus offers a convenient monthly subscription priced at $9.99. This allows you to access the platform’s extensive content library, including live streams of PRCA rodeos, Video on Demand programs, and the Cowboy Channel’s live broadcast, all for a reasonable monthly fee.
For the dedicated rodeo fans and enthusiasts looking for a more long-term commitment, Cowboy Channel Plus offers the “Everything We Got” package. Priced at $119.99 per year, this annual subscription not only provides you with access to all the content the platform has to offer but also includes a special bonus: NFR (National Finals Rodeo) coverage. With this package, you get to enjoy the pinnacle of rodeo events, the NFR, making it an exceptional value for fans who can’t get enough of the rodeo action.
Sling TV offers the Cowboy Channel as part of its Sling Orange Heartland Extra package, and it comes at a monthly cost of $46.
Sling TV’s package encompasses a total of 30 channels, delivering a diverse range of entertainment options. These channels include well-known networks like A&E, AMC, BET, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CNN, Comedy Central, Discovery, Disney Channel, E!, ESPN, Food Network, Fox News, Freeform, FX, HGTV, History, Investigation Discovery, Lifetime, MSNBC, Syfy, TBS, TLC, TNT, Travel Channel, truTV, and USA Network. It’s a comprehensive selection designed to cater to various interests.
Sling TV subscribers benefit from a 50-hour Cloud DVR feature that allows them to record their favorite content. For those who require more recording space, an optional upgrade to 200 hours is available for an additional $5 per month. Additionally, Sling TV permits one user to stream the Cowboy Channel simultaneously.
Sling TV is compatible with a wide array of devices, ensuring you can watch the Cowboy Channel on your preferred platform. These devices include Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Roku, Android TV, iPhone, iPad, Android Phone, Android Tablet, Mac, Windows, Xbox, LG Smart TV, Samsung Smart TV, Sony Smart TV, and VIZIO Smart TV. However, it’s worth noting that Sling TV is not available for streaming on PlayStation and Nintendo gaming consoles.
Please bear in mind that the landscape of streaming services may evolve, so it’s wise to consult the official Sling TV website or reach out to their customer support for the most current information on channel packages, device compatibility, and pricing.
Vidgo presents an exceptionally budget-friendly option for experiencing the Cowboy Channel in real-time or at your convenience on a multitude of devices.
Among the impressive array of channels available through Vidgo, you’ll discover a diverse selection that spans Disney Jr, ABC, Animal Planet, BET, BIG Ten Network, Cheddar, Comedy Central, Discovery, CNN, Disney Junior, ESPN, Freeform, FS1, FS2, FX, FXX, Hallmark Channel, HGTV, History, Investigation Discovery, Lifetime, MTV, National Geographic, Nickelodeon, PAC-12 Network, Paramount Network, TLC, Travel Channel, VH1, and Viceland.
Moreover, Vidgo sweetens the deal by offering a generous 7-day free trial when you register for a new account, all without locking you into any long-term contracts. This means you have the flexibility to cancel at any time, ensuring you’re in control of your entertainment choices.
For a comprehensive look at Vidgo’s complete channel lineup, package options, pricing, and standout features, be sure to explore their offerings in detail.
Vidgo’s versatility shines through in its compatibility with a wide range of devices. Whether you prefer to stream content on Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Google Chromecast, iPhone, iPad, Android Phone, Tablet, Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo, Mac, Windows, LG Smart TV, Samsung Smart TV, Sony Smart TV, or VIZIO Smart TV, Vidgo ensures you can enjoy your favorite programming seamlessly across your preferred platforms.
Unveiling The Cowboy Channel, a pioneering 24-hour television network exclusively celebrating the vibrant world of western sports and the cherished western way of life. Breaking new ground, we’re excited to share that on December 27th, 2017, The Cowboy Channel made its grand debut on DIRECTV channel 603.
The Cowboy Channel is on DISH channel 232
Verizon FiOS TV
Verizon FIOS channel 246
AT&T U-Verse channel 566
Suddenlink channel 365
Cowboy Channel on Roku
Tune in to the thrilling world of the Cowboy Channel right on your Roku device with these simple steps:
- Start by signing up for a compatible streaming service that offers access to the Cowboy Channel.
- Navigate to the Home Screen on your Roku device, and once there, click on the “Search” option.
- In the search bar, type in the name of the streaming service that you’ve subscribed to and intend to install.
- Among the search results, select the streaming service from the list.
- To set up the channel, choose the “Add Channel” option. If you’ve previously installed it, you’ll see “Go To Channel” instead.
- Now, open the channel and proceed to sign in to your streaming service using your login details.
- Inside the streaming service app, explore the list of available channels, and there you’ll find the Cowboy Channel, ready to bring you all the action and entertainment you crave.
With these straightforward steps, you can effortlessly bring the Cowboy Channel to your Roku device, ensuring you never miss a moment of the exciting western sports and lifestyle content it has to offer.
Stream Cowboy Channel on Amazon Fire Stick
To catch the captivating Cowboy Channel on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, simply follow these easy steps:
- Start by signing up for a compatible streaming service that offers access to the Cowboy Channel. Vidgo is one such option.
- Navigate to the Home Screen on your trusty Fire TV Stick.
- Now, click on “Find” and then select “Search” from the options presented.
- In the search bar, type in the name of the streaming service that you’ve subscribed to.
- Once you spot the streaming service app in the search results, click on it, and then hit “download.”
- Allow the app to automatically download and install itself on your Fire TV Stick.
- Once the installation is complete, click on “Open” to launch the streaming service app.
- Now, it’s time to sign in to your streaming service account using your credentials.
- Within the streaming service app, navigate to the channel list, and there you’ll find the Cowboy Channel.
Cowboy Channel On Apple TV
Experience the excitement of the Cowboy Channel right from your Apple TV by following these simple and unique steps:
- Begin your journey by signing up for a compatible streaming service that includes the Cowboy Channel in its offerings.
- Head to the Home Screen on your Apple TV and, in the top-left corner, you’ll spot the search icon. Give it a click to proceed.
- Within the search bar, type in the name of the streaming service you’ve subscribed to and wish to install.
- Once the search results reveal the streaming service you’re looking for, click on it. To install the app, you’ll notice a cloud icon—go ahead and click on that.
- The app installation will take place seamlessly. After it’s installed, open the app to get started.
- Sign in to your streaming service account within the app using your credentials.
- Delve into the channel selection, and there you’ll find the Cowboy Channel, your gateway to thrilling western sports and lifestyle content.
History of The Cowboy Channel
On June 19, 2017, Patrick Gottsch, the CEO of Rural Media Group, unveiled an exciting transformation scheduled for July 1. FamilyNet, at that time, was preparing to metamorphose into The Cowboy Channel, placing a strong emphasis on Western sports and thrilling rodeo events. This strategic shift was prompted by the immense popularity of these offerings on RFD-TV, demonstrating their potential to captivate audiences. Gottsch expressed gratitude to Sony Pictures Television for their role in stabilizing the network. Nevertheless, he acknowledged the intensifying competition in the classic television arena, citing networks like MeTV, Antenna TV, Cozi TV, Heroes & Icons, and numerous other networks and streaming platforms as formidable rivals. In this crowded landscape, a Western sports-focused channel was perceived as a distinctive and compelling opportunity to distinguish itself among cable and satellite offerings.
The initial lineup on The Cowboy Channel included encore presentations of remarkable events from RFD’s The American Rodeo, the legendary Calgary Stampede, and the archives of the Professional Bull Riders. As a result of this transition, Sony’s valuable archived programming found a new home on their own platform, GetTV, commencing in early 2018.
A significant milestone in The Cowboy Channel’s journey occurred in 2020 when it signed a multi-year agreement with the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association. This partnership granted the channel exclusive rights to televise major events, including the prestigious National Finals Rodeo.
As part of the network’s evolution, Rural Media chose to discontinue carriage agreements with over-the-air broadcasters, making The Cowboy Channel exclusively available to pay-TV subscribers.
In addition to its U.S. presence, a Canadian version of The Cowboy Channel was introduced on February 1, 2020, as part of a collaborative effort with Rural Media, making it accessible to viewers through Shaw Direct television systems.